With an increasing number of Zigbee devices: Philips Hue, Osram, Iris, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others – it’s interesting to use these products for Do It Yourself scenarios. The POPP ZB-sticks makes this possible and it is one of the smallest gateways on the market. The Stick turns PCs, Laptops or Single Board Computer like Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Odroid, Orange Pi and others into a universal Zigbee gateway by being connected to their USB port.
POPP ZB-STICK (ZIGBEE)
A big variety of Zigbee devices can be used to create automations and other functionalities. Control and monitor sensors, actuators, thermostats and much more. All you need is the ZB-Stick and an open source platform like HomeAssistant or OpenHAB. With that you can create rules and scenarios, which will increase your comfort and safety. The best: you save energy at the same time.
Another advantage is that no additional hidden costs await you. In addition, your data remains yours, because no cloud is needed to save your scenarios and/or rules.
The POPP ZB-Stick is based on EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4-GHz, IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee microcontroller. The POPP ZB-Stick (Zigbee) is preprogrammed with Network CoProcessor firmware and provides USB interface through CP2102N USB-UART bridge.
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28 x 16 x 8mm
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Max Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- USB interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs. Easy to use as Serial Port on the Host machine (PC/laptop/single board computers)
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application
- Article Dimensions (WxHxL):17 x 7 x 28 mm
- Package Dimensions (WxHxL): 79 x 25 x 58 mm
- Article net weight: 0.002 Kg
- Article gross weight: 0.019 Kg
- WEEE: yes
- CE: yes
- IP-Rating: IP20