The name Popp stands for 80 years of reliable and affordable electrical engineering Made in Germany. As a pioneer of Z-Wave technology in Europe Popp is committed to deliver high quality and interoperable wireless components and solutions for your Smart Home.
- 1930: Heinrich Popp found the „elektrotechnische Fabrik Popp & Co.“, supplier for electrical china, circuit breakers and lamps.
- 1951: The production of wall switches, cables and plugs starts
- 1988: Popp GmbH is the largest company in the north Bavarian town of Bad Berneck with more than 850 employees
- 2008: The system companies Popp and Düwi launched the first Z-Wave based smart home system called InterACT at IFA in Berlin
- 2012: Restart of Popp & Co. with legal headquarters in London
- 2013: Acquisition of the name and first products rights of Popp & Co.
- 2014: Acquisition of the former InterACT Z-Wave product line to be reinvented and turned into Popp Smart Home